"hidden away, but easy to find"
Once on Skye, whether via the bridge or the Mallaig/Armadale ferry, follow the A87 to Portree. From Portree, keep on the A87 North-west out of Portree towards Uig and Dunvegan; after 4 miles, at Borve, fork left onto the A 850 for Dunvegan.
Follow this road for about 10 miles and you will pass the village of Edinbane at the head of Loch Greshornish. A mile after Edinbane Greshornish House is signposted to the right, 2½ miles down a single track road. Just keep going - but please watch out for the sheep, especially at lambing time!
If you are arriving by ferry to Uig, follow the A 87 south towards Portree. After 11 miles, at Borve, turn off right onto the A850 for Dunvegan. Then as above.
How long will it take?
We are a little over an hour from the Skye Bridge, an hour and twenty minutes from Armadale, twenty minutes from Portree, and forty minutes from Uig.
...and the problems with sat-navs?
Many guests using sat-navs to get here have reported they are sent to Mallaig, regardless of whether the ferry is sailing or not! Unless you intend on 'sailing your car over the sea to Skye' you should programme your sat nav route via the Kyle of Lochalsh. Alternatively, check the ferry times and book a sailing.
How to find us...
- British Airways - Flights to all major cities and Islands in Scotland
- BMI - Cheap flights to Europe and America including Amsterdam, Dublin, Paris and Washington
- Caledonian MacBrayne - Travel to Skye by Ferry
- Skye Ferry - Sail 'Over the Sea to Skye' from Glenelg to Kylerhea
- EasyJet - Flights to Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness
- Citylink - Scotland's bus and coach travel service
- Glasgow Airport Millenium Taxis - Scotland's taxi transportation & information website
- First ScotRail - Travel Scotland by rail
- The AA - Let the AA plan your route from within the UK
Greshornish House is approximately 3 hours by road from Fort William, 3 hours from Inverness, 5 hours from Glasgow and Stirling, and 6 hours from Edinburgh. Skye Bridge is an hour away, whilst Portree and Dunvegan Castle are only 20 minutes from us in either direction!